Everything you learn at any Prime Time Boxing location is true to the sport! There will be no made up combinations that would not be used in sparring or actual competition.
Lets get into some basics of your training:
- Skipping rope works your calves, forearms, triceps, abs, coordination, and helps establish rhythm.
- Fighting Stance – A perfection of balance that works your calves, quads, triceps, delts, and traps.
- Shadow Boxing – Fluidly moving across the floor and delivering accurate punches that define your style. You work your core/trunk muscles, practice reflex response, and explore what will become your style.
- Punching bags – The intensity will increase and muscles you either forgot about or had no idea existed will begin to form and tighten up. Your mid-section will be sore. However, when you develop the correct technique, your punches will sound off with a distinct register that leaves you utterly satisfied… but can be quite addicting.
- Mitt Work with trainers – The closest simulation to sparring.
- Conditioning drills – Be prepared! Hydrate and practice a healthy diet.
- Weight training.
EMAIL US TO GET STARTED
SANTA MONICA – STABLES@PRIMETIMEBOXING.COM
SACRAMENTO – SACRAMENTO@PRIMETIMEBOXING.COM
You get the idea!
YOUTH TRAINING (Ages 12-16)
Not offered in Santa Monica
Turning Soccer Moms into Boxing Moms!
There is substance behind Prime Time Boxing’s youth program. The goal is not to turn these kids into competitive boxers but to teach them life lessons through boxing. It takes discipline, determination, focus, drive, perseverance and many other attributes to facilitate a boxer through his/her training. All participants leave the program with a “can-do” attitude and a thirst for challenges. These are great benefits, but boxing offers even more; physical benefits.
Our kids are becoming more sedentary and are now at risk for adult health problems such as, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and heart disease. Boxing provides a cardiovascular workout like nothing else. With our workout we will help to knockout childhood obesity! Whether your child wants to learn boxing for self defense, cross training or just for fitness, Prime Time Boxing can offer them a safe and structured program that is engaging and fun.
Q. I’ve never boxed before, do you teach beginners?
A. YES! Everyone starts as a beginner. Prime Time Boxing (PTB) is dedicated to teaching everyone the sweet science.
Q. What is the atmosphere like?
A. Like nothing you have ever experienced. Boxing is an intimidating sport/activity and everyone feels a little nervous walking through the doors. You will be so pleasantly surprised when you walk into a wall of high energy, fun and kindness.
Q. Do you have a trial session available?
A. We do! Your first trial lesson is only $25 in NorCal or $35 in SoCal and you will work with a trainer on the basics of boxing. This will give you an idea of what our program offers, what our training is like and our facilities. You will do a lot of learning and even a bit of sweating during your lesson!
Q. Am I too old or too young to box?
A. We have campers from age 10 to 70.
Q. Do I need to be in good shape to box?
A. Many new campers have not previously been a part of a regular workout program. It’s never too late to try something new!
Q. Are your boxing camps co-ed?
A. Yes, we have a great mix of men and women. Everyone comes to Prime Time to get a great workout in a non-intimidating environment where they don’t have to worry about their appearance. No fancy attire, just tennis shoes and sweat!
Q. Do I need equipment? What do I wear?
A. You will need to purchase bag gloves, jump rope and hand wraps, all of which we sell at the training facilities. We can give you the most competitive prices on gear. No gimmicks here. We do not make a living selling equipment, we just offer the appropriate gear for you training.
Q. How do I get started?
A. Call! Make an appointment! Email us! Any one will do, but do yourself a favor and just START! Even if you do not join the Prime Time Boxing family, just START! Keep yourself healthy for your sake and those you care about.