Level 1 Instructor Training: Basics of Boxing and Programming
The Prime Time Boxing Level 1 course is designed to give participants the essential skills that will allow them to instruct clients/athletes in the basic striking concepts of boxing. Participants will be taught how to incorporate striking drills into current workouts so that overall fitness, core strength, rotational speed and power can be increased. In addition, this course will teach participants:
How to create daily workouts/programming
- Learn the fundamental movements needed for a core workout.
- Basic and Advanced boxing mechanics, delivery, and functionality through a rigorous training regimen supplemented with thought provoking lectures.
- How to hold the punch mitts and much more.
How to run a safe boxing program
- How to teach proper mechanics of boxing to clients
- Proper stance and footwork
- The basic punches and combinations of those punches
- The basic defensive movements
What type/style of equipment to use
- Hand wraps
- Jump rope
- Bag gloves, etc…
How to use all boxing equipment
- Punching bags
- Speed bags
- Double-end bags, etc…